The Quality Policy 2015/2016
It is the policy of the company to maintain a quality system, service and product designed to meet the requirements of the client in pursuit of its primary objectives.
The management team recognise the importance of quality control in the efficient and profitable organisation of its activities and believes that high standards of quality are an integral part of an effective organisation providing its clients and their clients with a quality product and service.
The Company’s aim will always be to provide a high standard of work in accordance with the project drawings and documentation on all projects undertaken.
To this end the Company operates its own quality plan and Quality Management System with checklists and maintained records of quality and checks.
The QMS will be operated on all projects regardless of size or complexity and will be subject to regular reviews by senior management in order to ensure its correct operation and effectiveness. These reviews will be based on a programme of internal audits which will seek to constantly improve the documented and operational procedures.
The Managing Director is the Head of quality assurance and is responsible for the implementation of the Quality Management System.
Regular training of operatives and technical and supervisory staff takes place, reporting to the Managing Director, to ensure awareness and understanding of quality and its impact on customer service. The requirements of the company’s quality system are mandatory and all company personnel have a responsibility and obligation to it
The Environmental Policy
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The Company’s objective is to maintain operational standards so that all its employees and employment applicants are treated equally irrespective of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, marital status or ethnic origin. Employees are instructed to ensure the following:
- There shall be no discrimination in respect of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, marital status or ethnic origin.
- Promotion, training and development shall be determined on capability and merit only.
- All employees have personal responsibility for the practical application of this Policy, which applies to the treatment of customers, suppliers and the general public as well as to fellow employees.
- Any employee, manager, supervisor and director that is involved in recruitment, promotion or training has specific responsibility for the practical application of this Equal Opportunity Policy.
- In the event that an employee considers he/she has been unfairly discriminated that employee should refer to the Company’s Grievance Procedure as provided by the Company.
- Any employee or director who has been determined to have committed an act of unlawful of discrimination shall be subject to disciplinary action according to the Company’s Disciplinary Rules and Procedures.
- If there is any doubt about the terms of this Policy or the application thereof an employee should consult David Huck